memory leak?

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Sun Aug 3 06:58:24 EDT 2003

> From: Trevor Perrin [mailto:trevp at trevp.net]
>
> Every time I run the below function from the interpreter, python.exe's
> memory usage increases by 5 Megs and stays at this higher level
> (python 2.3b2 on WinXP).  I tried to isolate this to something
> simpler, but wasn't successful.
>
> Is this a memory leak, or is there another explanation?
[...]

Have your tried 2.3 final, how are you determining there is a memory
leak (which tools), what steps did you take that weren't successful, did
you try without using "import *", how about loading it as a module and
then deleting the module (i.e. have you inadvertenly created an object
that is still live)?

tech-support-this-is-Bjorn'ly y'rs