Slogan: Getting Rich Overnight

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Sun Aug 10 19:13:48 EDT 2003

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:56:01 +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> But is there any way for such a slogan to pass spam at all?

The much greater battle is: if it passes electronic/programmatic
filters, how are you going to get it past the wetware filters -- i.e.,
the fact that it just sounds like spam when you hear it?

> If I remove the ambiguity, the slogan gets lame.

Anything with "get rich {quick,fast,overnight}" already has far too many
negative connotations to sound un-lame.

> Any ideas?

Choose another slogan, forget the "get rich" nonsense.  While the
sentiment is great, and I agree it's a wonderful feeling when you
realise how much your options have increased with little effort, the
"get rich overnight" just doesn't jibe with me.

The feeling isn't one of being (financially) rich; it's one of being
free from restrictions.  Another thread recently mentioned the idea
that, opposed to other languages, Python lets you go home on time.
That's closer to the mark.

--
 \         "If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the |
  `\  lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat)."  -- Jack Handey |