Python's biggest compromises

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Aug 6 15:27:44 EDT 2003

> > Python predates Java.
> Yeah, snakes drink coffee too.

Both for Python and Java is true that it is unclear when in emerged.
Pythons have existed for a looooooooong time, so has Jawa. But only
since Mankind has emerged they are called as such. I think Pythons
were known earlier in the west. Do Pythons live on Jawa? I don't know...

Are Pearls and Ruby's organic? I don't think so - which must mean that
they are even older.

C is definetely newer because it requires the alphabet.

Pascal is even newer, he lived very recently in this context.

Gerrit.

--
190. If a man does not maintain a child that he has adopted as a son
and reared with his other children, then his adopted son may return to his