Is Python your only programming language?

smarter_than_you davesum99 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 22:53:12 EDT 2003

Been programming for 20 years, in (roughly this order):

BASIC
Assembly (various, starting with 6502)
Forth
(a little) Lisp
C++
Java
and lately, Python

I can say without a doubt, Py is so much closer to how my brain works,
and I am _so_ much more productive (factor of 2.5 - 3 over C/C++),
that I will be using it by default for everything that it can do, and
will need to be torn away from it kicking and screaming when
absolutely necessary (high-performance stuff mostly).

Recently at a job interview my possible boss said he liked C#, and
didn't know much about Python.  That comment alone made me much less
interested in the job.