"drop-in" DOM replacement for minidom?

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:57:56 EDT 2003

[Bengt Richter]
>>Can you assume that you are dealing with valid (error-free) XML as input?

[Paul Miller]
> Yes, it is assumed to be valid. We don't even use a DTD.

A quick nitpick.

You need to be careful about terminology. In the strict XML sense,
"valid" has a different meaning to what I think you intended.

well-formed: an XML document is "well-formed" if it is "error free".

valid: an XML document is "valid" if its structure matches the
constraints expressed in its Document Type Definition (DTD).

So the correct term in your posts would be "well-formed XML". "Valid
XML" means something else entirely.

in-quality-checking-mode-ly y'rs,

--
alan kennedy