Porting to Windows

Zora Honey zhoney at wildmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:29:33 EDT 2003

I've been programming Python on Linux for a while now, and I'm finally
ready to start porting some of my stuff to Windows.  Problem is I use
os.system to perform a lot of tasks, making the porting difficult.
There are some things (such as image manipulation using <convert>) it's
probably pretty impossible to do using Windows system calls. Other
functions (such as printing) should be readily available.  Does anyone
know a good resource for learning some of this stuff?

Also, is there any way to compile Python without embedding it in C?

Thanks,
Zora