after, after_cancel and Python 2.3

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Fri Aug 29 15:45:36 EDT 2003

> Maybe destroy did not trigger Python garbage collection in 8.3 as
expected,
> so data could have been erroneously accessible.

Thanks for your comments.  Note that my app does nothing with Tk data after
root.destroy(), so this shouldn't matter.  The real mystery seems to be why
the "after" routine is being called even after after_cancel.

I suppose it is time to start digging into the Tk code...

Edward

P.S. My comments about the "disgusting" hack in the tkinter after method
were dim.  The tmp list is the default value of the tmp argument of the
callit function, so whether tmp is global or not is irrelevant: changes to
tmp will affect later calls to callit.

EKR
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines