My future Python IDE article

Chris Reedy creedy at mitretek.org
Tue Aug 26 16:38:32 EDT 2003

David Mertz wrote:

> So c.l.py readers... make the case for your favorite one getting on the
> list.  I have a while to ponder the opinions advanced, should this
> prompt some discussion (it may take a little while to order review
> copies of commercial tools and/or get things installed).

Boy, this is a hard one. I currently use IDLE for all my work, mostly
since it comes gratis with Python. For that reason I find myself wanting
to argue for its inclusion so I have a baseline for comparison.

Beyond that, I think the ones I'd be most interested in hearing about
would be eric3 and Komodo, mainly because those are ones where I've gone
to the trouble to look at their web pages.

   Chris