Example code for anydbm wanted...

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 4 16:07:15 EDT 2003

mailman.1059955807.23968.python-list at python.org...
> Does anyone have any good example code that shows how to use the "anydbm"
wrapper tp interface with a very simple database.   like some examples of
how to
> use "dumbdbm"?   Then perhaps at a later time,  I'm going to want to then
interface it to a more robust database like PostGreSQL or mySQL.   But I
want to
> external interface to "hide" the specifics and have a really generic
interface.

> I already played with Python's interface with PostGreSQL,  but they don't
follow the generic Python models.  At least my prev version didn't.

> John

If you want power and object oriented generic interface to classical
database engines, you may find some interest playing with modeling
www.sf.net/projects/modeling or with dbobj at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/dbobj.html .

--Gilles