useful tool for c.l.p

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 09:53:40 EDT 2003

[Behrang Dadsetan wrote]
> Would it not be wonderful to have some kind of integrated python
> interpreter within the news agent/email program, so one could kinda
> select the concerned code (or better, it is automaticly spotted)  and
> just let it run within the mail? :)

That's a nice idea.

However, were you to actually go ahead and implement this idea, we
would then be exposing ourselves to serious security risks, since
people could post malicious code in their posts.

Not that that could possibly happen in c.l.py: we're all so nice here
;-)

As Terry Reedy pointed out, it's not hard to fire up the interpreter
and paste the script into it. Python's conciseness makes that very
easy, even if the whitespace issue sometimes results in mangled code.

And I always like to cast an eye over code before I run it, as a quick
sanity check that its not going to do anything I don't want or like
the look of.

regards,

--
alan kennedy