What's better about Ruby than Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Aug 18 18:21:07 EDT 2003

"Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:

> You know, people would get along a lot better if they didn't have the
> intellectually lazy habit of "troll hunting."  When people express
> their
> opinions about pros and cons, they are not trolling.

But don't you find it interesting that an anomalously large percentage
of people you encounter on Usenet -- the reaction of comp.lang.python is
not at all atypical -- conclude that you're trolling?  Since this has
happened over and over again, ad infintum and ad nauseum, across all of
Usenet, everywhere you go, and doesn't happen with nearly that much
frequency to others, wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude there _might_
just possibly be something bad about your approach, particularly if you
sincerely don't intend to troll?

Aren't you just a little bit curious about why this keeps happening to
you?

/  \ I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area.
\__/  Capt. Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce