What's better about Ruby than Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Sun Aug 17 21:58:59 EDT 2003

What's better about Ruby than Python?  I'm sure there's something.  What is
it?

This is not a troll.  I'm language shopping and I want people's answers.  I
don't know beans about Ruby or have any preconceived ideas about it.  I have
noticed, however, that every programmer I talk to who's aware of Python is
also talking about Ruby.  So it seems that Ruby has the potential to compete
with and displace Python.  I'm curious on what basis it might do so.

20% of the world is real.