What's better about Ruby than Python?

Roberto Amorim wolfoxbr at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:14:30 EDT 2003

> 6. The way Ruby handles parameterless functions as if they were
> properties.

That's the thing I like most about Ruby. But I couldn't get past its
Perl-like syntax and the garbage collector (the latter when mixed with
embedding).

Anyway, since Ruby 1.8.0 is (finally) out, I'll try it again to see if it
can be a viable alternative to Python (at least on some areas), but I doubt
it. Python, as a multiparadigm language, is quite unique on its approach,
and it seems much more fit to large projects than Ruby.

Regards,

Roberto