PyQT installation problems

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Wed Aug 20 12:04:05 EDT 2003

First, there's a PyQT (actually called PyKDE) list for discussing these
problems and you might get a more insightful answer there.

Second, I've had problems exactly like that on machines when I tried to use
the version of qt supplied with the distro.  I'm not sure if I didn't get
all the development headers installed, etc, but I've never had a problem
when I compiled a new version of qt on the machine and then compiled/linked
all the PyQt stuff against that new version.  Just make sure you point all
the PyQt related compilations at the new version of qt.

Obviously, there's a lot of time/work involved in the solution above and the
PyQt mailing list might have a better answer, but this should be a pretty
failsafe solution...

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions