GTK import doesn't import first time

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 18 14:31:37 EDT 2003

    Dennis> I've downloaded and installed per the instructions the
    Dennis> pyGTK and GTK+ for win32 from the above locations.
    Dennis> Folowing the instructions, I import pygtk first, run
    Dennis> pygtk.require('2.0') second and then import gtk.  I
    Dennis> receive an error on the import gtk the first time, but
    Dennis> immediately after, if I import again it works.  Even if I
    Dennis> don't impo0rt pyGTK at all and only import gtk, I get the
    Dennis> same results.  Any ideas?

The reason it "works" the second time is that it doesn't try and
import it again after the first.  So it did not really work.

Did you download and install the GTK runtime from
http://www.dropline.net/gtk? If you installed it to to C:\GTK, you'll
need C:\GTK\bin and C:\GTK\lib in your path.

John Hunter