A cgi buffering problem?

Heikki Salo heikki_salo at nobulkmailplease.sci.fi
Mon Aug 11 03:53:58 EDT 2003

I have a strange problem with a cgi-script of mine. The script examines some
html-pages and then sends their modified content to the browser (into a
textbox)
so you can easily change and save them. The problem is quite strange: with a
56k modem there is no problem, but when using 10mb/s connection the output
the browser gets messy. Some of the text that was supposed to go into the
textbox appears at the end of the page.

And that is not all. Some of the pages work well on 10mb/s connection (there
are 4 pages currently). The smallest page (=smallest output) works always
correctly, the largest never works and the pages between work randomly (yes,
randomly! When trying 10 times they usually work 2 times).

This looks like some kind of buffering problem to me, but I don't have many
ideas left. Python version is 2.3 All help is appreciated.