What's better about Ruby than Python?

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Sat Aug 23 05:30:14 EDT 2003

mis6 at pitt.edu (Michele Simionato) writes:

> That said, I do agree that the presence of hundreds of dialects works
> against the adoption of Lisp. For instance, this stopped me (together
> with other factors).

So why did the presence of "hundreds of dialects" of scripting
languages not stop you adapting a scripting language ?

As I've mentioned elsewhere; objecting to the existence of multiple
dialects of Lisp (essentially, languages which represent their source
code in a form they can easily manipulate), as as daft as objecting to
the existence of multiple dialects of the Algol Language family, or to
the existence of multiple languages with significant indentation.