Removing language comparisons

Duncan Booth duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 08:07:33 EDT 2003

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in
news:LvmdnSlj7NA_uNmiRTvUqg at speakeasy.net:

> python.org has a page of "Python vs. X" language comparisons at
><http://www.python.org/doc/Comparisons.html>.  They're all pretty
>outdated,
> and often unfair because they're written by a person who knows Python
> well but has only a nodding acquaintance with language X.

How about getting some new articles to be written by pairs of people, one
Python user who knows a bit of the other language and one person who lives
and breathes Perl/Java/Ruby/etc but knows a bit of Python? That way you
might end up with some genuinely objective comparisons showing both sides
of the fence.