advice choosing IDE

Lupe lupe at netvisao.pt
Mon Aug 18 07:49:05 EDT 2003

I'm convinced to try Python!

I've read many posts, and although I recently bought a book on C to start
learning it, I'd like to give Python a good chance.

What IDE would you recommend for someone who needs easiness of use with a
background of Pascal and VB for MS Office?  I've definitely changed to
Linux now and I would like a free IDE either for procedural or object
oriented programming.

I'd need an easy help on syntax, if possible with examples and a front end
debugger with easy trace, breakpoints and watches.

Programming is not my profession, just a hobby!

With all this in mind what would be your recommendation?  I've read so many
posts on the subject that I'm confused.  For a beginner, I just need one
solution...

Lupe