appoximate string matching library - any interest?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Aug 29 08:35:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:57:59 -0400, rumours say that Istvan Albert
<ialbert at mailblocks.com> might have written:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm working on a project that needs approximate string matching
>such as the String::Aprox module in perl:

[snip]

>I was unable to find a similar implementation in python right
>away so I tried wrapping the perl module's underlying C library
>into python calls.

You obviously did not fall upon difflib.py, which is in the standard
library.  I believe the get_close_matches will be very useful to you.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,