Troll tests

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Mon Aug 18 21:48:13 EDT 2003

|>The first surest sign that a post is a troll is if the author is:
|>|"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com>

|Oh, come on, Brandon is *much* less of a troll than T*m*t*y R*e.  Unlike
|the R**bot, we do some interesting topics out of Brandon, they're just
|written with such antagonism that I'd be hard-pressed to top them.

True enough, I was under-general in listing my "first sign."  What I
meant was:

  The first surest sign...is if the author is in the set {BJVE, ...}

Of course, my killfile pretty much gets rid of the main ones...  I only
see the followups, not the original posts.  But I think the R**bot has
gone away.

That said, I feel a little bad for Tim Rowe.  He's posted many
interesting and relevant articles.  But for the last year or so, my
finger is always halfway to the delete button before I realize that a
post is by this nice guy with an unfortunately similar name :-).

Yours, Lulu...

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r