How to print floating point in scientific format?

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:32:32 EDT 2003

| Cousin, you are right.
| But, do you want to write for loops
| whenever you print arrays?
|
| Maybe not if you are a hard-core scientific programmer.

Cousin sdhyok ....

    I believe that the nature of science and the numerical tools
    that it employs for problem solving is highly context dependent
    upon the particular problem at hand and that it might be difficult
    to find a one-size-fits-all solution for array printing since
    the nature of the arrays that are employed and their content
    can vary greatly from context to context ....

    The dimensonality, homogeniety, and population density
    of the arrays employed must be considered as design parameters
    in each problem space and treated accordingly ....

    However, one can define specialized array functions,
    print functions or otherwise, for specific problems
    and use those without having to code the loops each time ....

    I do have an extensive background in computational chemistry ....

    Some would call that discipline hard-core science ....

    Others would call it hand-waving in hopeless depths ....

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being