Python for .NET preview 2 release

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Aug 9 11:39:12 EDT 2003

Bryan wrote:
> but kobra is a way to scripts .NET services from python, and is supposedly very fast and efficient.  wasn't there a pycon speech
> about this?   is this the same Python.NET that was referenced in that speech?

Probably, but not in the section you quote. Instead it is this:

1. Use C#/PInvoke to access Python structures at the native level
    e.g. Python scripting for .NET by Brian Lloyd
    (http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/index_html)

> sorry, i was under the impression that all the different python .NET solutions
> were giving way to Kobra as being the best python solution.

Maybe your impression is wrong. Apparently, Brian Lloyd is not "giving
way". It isn't clear to me, either, why Kobra would be the best solution
when Python for .NET actually runs on Mono, whereas Kobra doesn't...

> i thought the python community as a whole was going to rally around it....

I doubt that the Python community as a whole cares very much about .NET

This is free software. There is no centrally-controlled grand plan,
except for the PSU plans of course, but I can't talk about these.

Regards,
Martin