OT: Americans love their guns

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Thu Aug 28 16:57:30 EDT 2003

Quoting maxx at easynews.com (maxx at easynews.com):
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 02:12:34 -0400, Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters <mertz at gnosis.cx>
> wrote:
>
> >USA gun-related deaths are ~29k/year
>
> And my probability of being one of them is pretty low - because I am usually
> armed ;)

I think (though I don't know), from self-defense courses run by police
a long, long time ago at a university far, far away, that your
statement alone actually /elevates/ the probability that you will be
one of them. To /lower/ the probability, you'll need to talk about the
time you've spent on a tactical course or in police training.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "That's it! I've had it with your sassy mouth!
<geoff at gerrietts net>     I didn't want to do this! (Well, actually,