Uncatchable socket.error in socket.py (?)

Rune nospam at the.net
Tue Aug 26 16:13:48 EDT 2003

Erik Max Francis  wrote:

>Rune wrote:
>
>> Thanks Irmen, but the problem seems to be that the server is actually
>> crashed before I can catch the exception. There is no connection to
>> send output to.  I have no idea how to avoid this.
>
>If you catch the error, then the server won't have "crashed," and you'll
>be able to recover however you like.

 I am able to catch the exception, but thie connection object from
connection, address = sockobj.accept(), is lost.

I cannot connect to the server any longer and connection.send(data)
will generate a new socket.error: (9, 'Bad file descriptor')

I can't find a way out of this but to restart the server.