What's better about Ruby than Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Aug 18 18:17:03 EDT 2003

Roy Smith wrote:

> 5) Inventing your own language constructs.  In Python, you just don't
> do
> this.

My view of this is that if you really want to do this, you're better off
inventing a separate language -- however similar to Python -- and using
a processor to turn that language into real Python, which can then be
interpreted.  In an interpreted language, especially one as dynamic as
Python, translation often strikes me as superior to incorporating
macros.

/  \ I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area.
\__/  Capt. Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce