python gripes survey

carroll at tjc.com carroll at tjc.com
Mon Aug 25 23:40:59 EDT 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:39:27 GMT, "Ryan Lowe" <ryanlowe0 at msn.com>
wrote:

> id like to make a list of some of the aspects people
>find most annoying, regardless of their feasibility of implementation.

No kidding: I'd really like a GOTO.  I know, that's heresy, but I like
it during development.  Sometimes I have a whole bunch of tests, and
change something that will only affect a test near the end.  I'd love
to GOTO around the early stuff.

If Python used {} to delimit blocks, I could just make the skipped
code a block and add a condition to skip it, but with the indentation
as the way of showing block scope (which I *love*), I have to indent a
big chunk of code to use that method.