"_pg" (Postgresql) module for win32

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Aug 20 10:30:31 EDT 2003

User At Domain Dot Invalid wrote:
> Where can I find "_pg" module for postgresql? I would prefer a module
> not intedend for "cygwin","mingw" or some thing similar to that.

I'm not aware of such binaries. I recommend that people use pyPgSQL
instead, as this project offers Windows binaries.

http://pypgsql.sf.net/

OT:

FWIW mingw creates native win32 binaries, and pyPgSQL win32 binaries are
indeed created using mingw, though MSVC6 compatibility is checked from
time to time. mingw is *not* a runtime environment, so you shouldn't
care wether a Python extension module is compiled with mingw, MSVC6 or
the foobar compiler.

Cygwin, on the other hand, is also a runtime environment.

-- Gerhard