Path Problem on W2K?

hokiegal99 hokiegal99 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 17 13:27:17 EDT 2003

I installed Python-2.3 into c:\Program Files\Python23 on a new W2K SP4
computer. When I write a Python script and run it from the command
prompt, I get the following error:

C:\>python 'name-of-script.py'
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Here's what my path contains:

C:\>path
PATH=C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;"C:\Program
Files\Norton
SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\";C:\Program Files\SSH Communications
Security\SSH Secu
re Shell

Any ideas? I've reinstalled and rebooted several times. Also tried
adding c:\Program Files\Python23 to my path... still get the error.