Removing language comparisons

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Aug 21 12:18:49 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:07:33 +0000 (UTC),
> Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote:
>> How about getting some new articles to be written by pairs of people, one
>> Python user who knows a bit of the other language and one person who
>> lives and breathes Perl/Java/Ruby/etc but knows a bit of Python? That way
>> you
>
> A good idea, but unless some volunteer steps forward to do the work, it's
> not going to happen.

Oh, I _have_ "volunteered" to write the Python side of this if we can
find the right person for the Ruby side -- and Dave Thomas appeared
interested when I mentioned this to him at his OSCON Ruby seminar, and
Cameron Laird appeared fascinated by the idea and volunteered to be
the "referee" and 3rd co-author if we need one.  Now we "just" need
to find some slice of time &c reasonably free and mutually agreeable
to Dave, Cameron AND me (admittedly no easy task) and we could try...

Alex