Recommendation of a parser generator (fwd)

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Sat Aug 16 12:25:41 EDT 2003

fortepianissimo at yahoo.com.tw (Fortepianissimo) wrote previously:
|Hi Andrew (and others who replied) - thanks for the extensive tip.
|However I ended up in using Simpleparse, cuz (1) I read from Charming
|Python column that SPARK is *very* slow (it uses Earley algorithm) (2)
|Simpleparse turns out to be not that outdated - the latest one (2.0,
|in alpha) was released in 2002.

FWIW, in my book, I document and compare mxTextTools, SimpleParse, and
PLY in some detail.  I decided to look at PLY rather than SPARK for the
book; the approaches of SPARK and PLY are similar, but I liked a few
things better in the latter (post my CP installment on SPARK).

You can read the book for free at: <http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/>.

But if you feel like buying the dead-trees version, use the link below
to give me a few extra dollars:

--
 mertz@  _/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: \_\_\_\_    n o
gnosis  _/_/             Postmodern Enterprises            \_\_