ButtonRelease and ButtonPress

Scott Holmes scottholmes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 18 10:05:58 EDT 2003

Having just seen mention of problems with ButtonRelease in a thread on
Tkinter, I thought I'd experiment with my previously posted problem of
event binding and component.config, namely the inability to set a button
to relief="sunken".  I changed my code to ButtonPress and the relif
setting now behaves properly.    I don't know if the two issues are
related at all but the fix works for me.
Scott Holmes                   http://sholmes.ws
                                http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scottholmes
                                scottholmes at sbcglobal.net

   Independent Programmer/Analyst                  Passport 4GL
   PHP HTML Composer                PostgreSQL     Informix 4GL, SQL
       There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
              than are dreamt of in your philosophy