win32, COM, and Solidworks (again) - Still Trying

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu Aug 7 09:06:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Markus Wankus wrote:

> For my objects, dispatch.GetTypeInfo() causes the following exception:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "F:\_DEV\solidworks\swpycom.py", line 12, in ?
>     print sw._oleobj_.GetTypeInfo()
> pywintypes.com_error: (-2147467263, 'Not implemented', None, None)

If you need to go beyond the IDispatch interface, Thomas Heller's ctypes
package looks to be your only option, short of creating a full-blown
Pythonwin wrapper (ala Pythonwin's MAPI support) for the SolidWorks COM
API.

Regards,
Andrew.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370