Python signal delivery under BSD 4.4

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 14 09:16:41 EDT 2003

"Elf M. Sternberg" <elf at drizzle.com> writes:

>         Right now, I just want a way to make signal delivery work.

At some point, the threads implementation got changed so that new
threads get their signal mask set to "block everything and it's cat"
(there was a reason for this, but I'm not really sure what it was).
As I see it, you have two options: 1) write a little C to unset the
procmask after fork() but before execve() 2) only launch apps from the
main thread.

I did write wrappers for sigprocmask & so on for inclusion in Python
2.3, but the x-platform behaviour was insane (and *some* version of
FreeBSD contains fixes to libc_r that my code provoked, but I'm not
sure which version) so the code got backed out again.

Cheers,
mwh

--
41. Some programming languages manage to absorb change, but
    withstand progress.