GUI builder for Python

David M. Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Fri Aug 15 05:31:50 EDT 2003

In article <nx%_a.730754$3C2.17094058 at news3.calgary.shaw.ca>, henry wrote:

> Just wondering if there's a good GUI builder for Python. Something like
> Visual Tcl, where you just drag and drop objects.

I like the way glade produces an xml file that can be loaded dynamically by
libglade.  PyQT/qtdesigner and wxpython/wxglade have similar features
apparently.

There's an article on pygtk and glade in September's Linux Journal:

Though the author seems to have missed the autoconnect method, which will
automatically connect callback functions/methods with the same name as the
handlers you define in glade.

> Not too good with creating user interfaces from code along.

Not one of programming's most thrilling chores.

Dave Cook