Classes in Python

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Aug 5 07:36:08 EDT 2003

Wiebke Pätzold wrote:

> So I think that something is wrong with line:
> vf = vw.filter(PatternFilter("Ge.*"))

The PatternFilter class looks OK now, and so does the line you suspect to be
wrong. Are you sure there are any records in the database with Nachname
containing Ge (and not GE or ge)?

The only difference I could spot:
- with the function you are looking for Nachname(n), that contain "ra"
- with the class you are looking for Nachname(n) that contain "Ge"

Being no regular expressions expert, I think that appending ".*" here has no
effect for your purpose (If you want Nachname to start with Ge, the
expression should be "^Ge").

> But here I get an error:  returned exit code 0.
What's that? Please cut and paste the exact output.

Peter