python based tools for developing web-based apps

Joost van Rooij joost at nowhere.invalid
Mon Aug 18 07:13:13 EDT 2003

Hello,

For business purposes I would like to develop several web based application,
all based on the the same foundation.  I looked at several options like
zope, mod_py, webware, skunkweb.

Based on the information I found,  I now basically considder two options
1. writing a xml-rpc server in Python which provides all the logic. And a
seperate frontend in php which reads the data from the Python xml-rpc server
and presents it in nice html. (Won't this be a performance hog?)
2. write it on top of a application server like webware or skunkweb. (Are
these projects mature enough?)
3. any other good idea, I haven't thought of.... :)

I'd appreciate your opinion.

Joost van Rooij