Is Python your only programming language?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Aug 12 10:38:43 EDT 2003

In article <h9%Za.8225$M6.622467 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Joe Cheng wrote:

> I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use
> Python for everything?

No.  I still use C for Linux device drivers, and embedded code
(as well as some assemlby). I use bash and awk sometimes. I
also use a bit of JavaScript for web pages.

> (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python) Or do
> you keep another language equally close at hand, and if so,
> what is it?  And finally, do you foresee a day when Python can
> be, for all practical intents and purposes, your only
> programming language?

Never.  Anybody who thinks there's only one programming
language for all tasks is seriously deluded.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! I'm UNEMPLOYED!
                                  at