Windows Remote Log in

Jesse redrumjack at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:53:01 EDT 2003

Thanks I'll check this out and also try to further clarify myself.

This is a mixture of NT 4 and Win2K Servers.  WMI may not be installed
on all the remote systems.

We have quite a few NT domains that our servers are spread out over and
sometimes the machine I would execute the script from would not be in
the same Domain and need different Logon Credentials to access the
remote machine. We don't have control over this our primary
responsibility is for the applications that reside on these servers.  We
have Administrator Access to the servers but not complete control on how
they are setup.  Ahhh the wonderful Politics of Big Business.

Often certian services for the applications we maintain will need to be
restarted on these remote machines.  I've found a way to this this with
a Python Module called WService.  In the App I'm making that will reside
on the clients machine they will enter a server name or ip address and
click a button that will restart the req'd service.  As long as we are
in the same NT Domain no big deal, but not all servers are in the same
domain and we use different accounts to access them.

What I need is some way for user to enter the proper credentials so
Python could restart the service on the remote machine.

If this isn't making sense please disregard and I'll move on to
something a bit easier.