COM and MS Word

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Apr 7 05:53:58 EDT 2003

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:15:31 +0200, CTony wrote:

> It appears that some data files I need are in WordPerfect (.dat) format,
> and I need to get them into Python for processing and later entry into a
> database. I haven't been able to find a way of interfacing to
> WordPerfect directly, but MS Word 2000 can read these files...

Maybe you can solve your problem by avoiding COM. You can create HTML
from Word-Documents with wvWare. I think you can handle this easier than
COM. Our save the word document as XML and parse this.

Sorry, this was no answer to your question, but maybe it helps, too.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>
http://www.thomas-guettler.de