wxPython - Can you explain why I crash

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Apr 9 17:54:51 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Miki Tebeka wrote:
> >
> > I've written this little client. It used to work fine but now no
> > matter which button I press the application crash.
> > I'm running Python2.2 and wxPython 2.4.0.7
> > Any ideas?
>
> [snip 480 lines of code]
>
> I have an idea: spend a little of your own time cutting down the
> program to a *much* smaller example which still crashes.  Then,
> and only then, post it to this newsgroup and ask for others' help.

Agreed - I know for my part that besides the length, the fact that it
would need various network operations and make remote connections that
I wasn't sure would work in my environment anyway was enough to keep
me from answering.

It would also help if the OP could include a better definition than
"crash" - are we talking about a Python traceback, or a Win32
application crash?  If the former, then definitely include the actual
traceback information.  If the latter, then more information about the
platform (e.g., Windows OS version at a miminum) would be helpful.

-- David