AOP in Python (was: Post-OOP: not just an "unfortunate acronym"?)

Oktay Safak oktaysafak at ixir.com
Wed Apr 16 06:28:38 EDT 2003

"Dave Benjamin" <ramen at lackingtalent.com>, wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of this newfangled "Aspect Oriented"
paradigm's
> techniques implemented in Python? The only thing I've seen in any language
> (and I haven't looked at AspectJ or anything) was a casual reference in a
C#
> text that seemed something like function-call pre/post event-handlers.
What
> might Python stand to gain from this methodology?

See http://peak.telecommunity.com/. It has been some time since I read some
docs about it but as far as I can remember, the previous version of
PEAK(Python Enterprise Application Kit), whose name I can't remember at the
moment, aspired to bring AOP principles to Python enterprise development. Is
PEAK still on that track? That, I don't know. Need to comb the docs but
unfortunately I feel too lazy to do it at the moment ;) Maybe you can do it
and share your findings with us here <wink> ;)

Regards,

Oktay