How to call built in function 'open' from inside object that has 'open' method?

vadim vf at interna.ru
Wed Apr 30 09:26:40 EDT 2003

I am new to Python and do not know the answer to very
simple how to 'open' from inside another object that
has 'open' method. I know that in C++ I should use
following syntax ::open.

More details on reasons. I have met this problem trying to
write a simple script use ActiveScripting  inside IE.
I am trying "file = open(...) but because context window
object has 'open' method that just opens window it is called
first. Sorry for simple question. I was trying to find
the answer but either it is not on the surface or too simple.