Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Apr 27 22:30:00 EDT 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote previously:
|At one time, it was easy for anyone to get 100% on a quiz like 'how
|many of the following lists can Python sort?".  Now, even some
|experienced users, might miss the correct answer for the following
|pair (0, 1, or 2?):
    [1, 1j].sort()
    ['1', 1j].sort()

And to be even trickier, answer the question for the following lists:

    [u'x', 'x', chr(255)].sort()
    ['x', chr(255), u'x'].sort()
    [1j, '1', 1].sort()
    [1, 1j, '1'].sort()

Then try to explain the answer to ANYONE you know.

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/