Questions on linked lists

Sean Ross sross at connectmail.carleton.ca
Tue Apr 1 18:39:05 EST 2003

Hi.

"Dennis Lee Bieber" <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:2tdpl-3i3.ln1 at beastie.ix.netcom.com...
> Sean Ross fed this fish to the penguins on Monday 31 March 2003 08:33
> pm:

....um...fish?...
whatever...

> > http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/chap17.htm
> >
> > This is a chapter on linked lists, implemented in Python.
> >
> > It covers wrappers, helpers, preconditions, and invariants.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
>
>         <blink> Well, I'm surprised (after my previous response)...

Actually, as far as I know, my posting was made before your previous
response, so your response had no bearing on the content of my message. As
such,  your surprise is surprising to me ;)

>         Though I begin to wonder if this may not be the same source the
> original poster was confused by... After all, the terminology is
> identical (whereas I could see some other text having minor variations)

It's not possible to tell from the original poster message (see below)
whether they were using the tutorial I suggested, they did however ask for
"a good explanation of this subject esp in the context of Python". My
suggestion matched this criteria, IMHO. As far as having identical
terminology, well, other than 'cargo', all of the other terms are quite
common, AFAIK, when discussing linked-lists.

Kevin Reeder wrote:
>The tutorial I'm working through has a section on Linked Lists that
>has left me puzzled. I believe I got the basic concept of nodes, embedded
>references, and cargo, but when the discussion turned to wrappers,
>helpers, preconditions and invariants, I started taking on water. Can
anyone
>here point me to documentation with a good explanation of this
>subject esp in the context of Python?

OK, then. Have a nice day,
Sean