saving output to file

Eric Anechiarico wedjlok at attbi.com
Mon Apr 28 15:02:04 EDT 2003

I am still not as proficient as I would like to be in Python, so this may be
a trivial question to most.

I want to have the output I get in my IDE window (using MacPython 2.2.2
primarily in Carbon) to be written to a file instead of having to copy the
output and then paste it to a text file myself.  How would I go about doing
this?

Mainly I would be using the code to do this with programs that calculate
outputs of large numbers (primes, Fibonacci, etc.) and they sometimes
overflow the buffer and I cannot get back very far to view the beginning.
Make sense?  Basically since I am doing this in the IDE window anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!