Sv: Python 2.2.2 & Tix on win32 - What must I do?

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at remove_this.jensen.tdcadsl.dk
Tue Apr 15 06:31:17 EDT 2003

Raseliarison nirinA <nirina at mail.blueline.mg> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:mailman.1050340346.14102.python-list at python.org...

> ... win**** binary installation issues?
> How about installing a new and free operating system?
> Tix is a part of tcl package with most Linux distribution.

....That doesn't run CouterStrike, Day Of Defeat and Warcraft III?

I have room & money for *one* standard PC in my office; perhaps later, once
it becomes possible to buy a decent case for the VIA Epia boards, I shall
get a Linux box again!

Generally, Python is so good that I do not really need a Linux box
anymore...whatever works on Wintel will work equally well on Linux too,
unlike Java.

> Why wait?

I shall not, Tix has some really neat features for the users such as Bubble
Help but the first release needs Compatibility with users most: they got
Win32 laptops and little else. A second, third or whatever version can use
Tix...

> I'm sure you will run your Linux box before win binary will be
> released. I always think, i may be wrong, that installing from source is
> better than installing binary package.

I *hate* installing from src - often there is some rotten dependency with
some obscure piece of software or environment that sends me searching the
net for hours.

The *best* thing that happened to open source was package managers and
'canned installs'.