How to protect python code ?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Tue Apr 8 00:14:25 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, msw wrote:

> Dave Brueck wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, msw wrote:
> >
> > Not true - check the archives. In the past people, including myself, have
> > posted the general steps to do to "protect" the code. It's not worth the
> > effort in most cases, IMO, but answers *have* been given.
>
> If so, I was unable to find it, and I think this thread proves my point.

And your failed search proves my point:

http://tinyurl.com/91al

(found it in <30 seconds!)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who read this group who would be happy
to do contract work for you to code this up for you, but all the people
who are willing to do it for you for free have spoken.

I take that back - if you act on some of the suggestions you've received
so far (as in, try them out, for example), and then come back and say,
"Ok, I've tried X.  Along the way I learned Y. Now I'm stuck on Z." then
you'll probably get additional help. But I mean, really, you need to meet
people halfway - you've gotten free pointers and hints from busy people
who don't even see the *value* in trying to solve that problem that way -
a sign of real courtesy IMO.

Have a nice day,
-Dave