please comment on technologies

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Apr 28 11:45:00 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> If you want to use the best and most pythonic markup templating language
> in existence (IMHO ;-) look no further than Template Attribute
> Lanaguage, aka TAL. This was created by the BDFL (can't get more
> pythonic than that), and solves all of the problems mentioned above. TAL
> used to be a ZOPE-only thing, but now there are multiple standalone
> implementations available. A list of them can be found in this Usenet
> posting.

As Official Cheerleader for ZPT (and by extension, TAL) I must point out
that it was actually created by a team at Zope Corp. that *included*
Guido, and is based on ideas from both Hiperlógica's HiperDOM and
Enhydra's XMLC.  A maintained list of implementations (plus pointers to
documentation) can be found at:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/FrontPage

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am