How to protect python code ?

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Mon Apr 7 20:23:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:33:44 -0700, Brian Quinlan wrote:
> >> What kind of business *pays* to become dependent on
> >> software they don't control?!
>
>  I'm sure that the original poster was being facetious but...power
>  customers, telecom customers, computer customers.

I didn't read facetiousness; rather, I read in the original question a
sentiment perhaps better expressed as:

  "If a business *pays* to become dependent on software they don't
  control, what can one conclude about that business?"

or even:

  "How could it possibly be of benefit to a business to *pay* to become
  dependent on software they don't control?"

Thus, a rhetorical question perhaps.  The "What kind of business" was
not a query for what *industry* the business is in, but rather in a
spirit of "what kind of idiot".

--
 \      "I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its |
  `\   eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a |